Xiaomi Mi5s is one of the best launches of the Chinese OEM. With Snapdragon 821 chipset and latest operating system, the Mi5s is already a powerful flagship smartphone of the company. But there are users who always looking around to add more features to make the device most of it. For all those users, here we have simple tutorial on how to flash TWRP Recovery and gain root access on your Xiaomi Mi5s.
It is a pretty simple guide where users need to install TWRP recovery first using Fastboot commands and then flash SuperSu .zip file through recovery to gain root access. Also download Xiaomi Mi5s/Plus Stock Wallpapers
1. Make sure to perform backup of all your important data like contacts, gallery, items, text messages, and apps data etc.
2. Charge your device at least 70% to avoid any power-off issues during the rooting procedure.
3. Install Xiaomi Mi5s USB Drivers on your PC.
4. Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device from the path Settings > Developer options. (Complete guide)
5. Mi5s should have bootloader already unlocked. If not follow our guide on how to unlock bootloader of any Xiaomi device.
6. Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
Disclaimer: Flashing firmware and root process might brick your Android smartphone. So, you need to proceed at your own risk. We xiaomiadvices.com should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device.
Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi5S:
Step 1: Download the TWRP Recovery file from the following link on your PC and rename it to “recovery.img”.
Step 2: Now you need to move the recovery file to the ADB and fastboot folder.
Step 3: Take a USB cable and connect your device with PC.
Step 4: Launch command prompt from the ADB and Fastboot folder [Press shift key + right-click on any blank space of that folder] and then select “Open command window here”.
Step 5: Give the below command to boot your device into bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
Step 6: Once your device boots into bootloader mode, give the following command to install TWRP custom recovery.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Step 7: The flashing process takes couple of minutes to complete. So, wait till the process is done.
Step 8: Reboot your device.
Root Xiaomi Mi5s via SuperSu
1. Download SuperSu .zip file and save it on your device storage.
2. Turn off your device and boot into TWRP recovery mode.
3. From recovery main menu, select ‘Install’ and choose the SuperSu .zip file.
4. Swipe to confirm the flash.
5. Reboot your device.
Done! To confirm the flash, download and install third party app called “Root Checker” from Play Store.
That’s the simple tutorial to install TWRP Recovery and root Xiaomi Mi5s. If you face any kind of issues during the above flashing process, don’t hesitate to contacts us via the comment section below.