In this post, we’ll guide you on how to download and install TWRP 3.1.1 custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6 running on MIUI 8 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware. Most of the Android phone users might already aware of benefits behind the installation of TWRP recovery. With this custom recovery, one can flash custom ROMs, Mods, Google Apps, perform nandroid backup and much more. Not only this, it also lets you to gain root access on your Xiaomi Mi 6 device.
Installing TWRP recovery on your Xiaomi Mi6 is quite simple task. Make sure the bootloader is unlock and you’ve installed ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC to flash TWRP on your Mi 6 handset. Without much ado, follow the below steps to install Xiaomi Mi 6 TWRP 3.1.1 Custom Recovery.
- This guide is compatible only with Xiaomi Mi 6. Don’t try on any other Xiaomi model.
- The battery level on your mobile should be more than 75% to avoid unnecessary power-off between the process.
- Make sure Bootloader of your device is unlocked. You can check our guide on how to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi phones.
- Enable USB Debugging from device settings.
- Setup ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Install Xiaomi Mi6 USB Drivers on your PC.
- Perform backup of all your important data.
Disclaimer: Xiaomi Advices is not responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the installation process which is uncertain if followed the steps accordingly.
Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6
1. Download TWRP (twrp-188.8.131.52-sagit.img) and save it into the same directory as the extracted Fastboot/ADB package files.
2. Take a USB cable and connect your Mi 6 device to PC.
3. Now you need to go to Fastboot folder and launch command window. To do so, press Shift + Right click anywhere in the folder and select Open Command Prompt.
4. Give the following command to boot your MIUI device into bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
You can also boot your device into bootloader mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power key.
5. Once you’re in the bootloader mode, you need to enter the below command to start flashing TWRP recovery on your device.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-184.108.40.206-sagit.img
Congrats! You’ve successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Mi 6. To boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode, you need to press and hold the Volume Down + Power keys together.