Xiaomi has started recruiting Android Oreo beta testers for Mi Mix 2 MIUI software. It’s just last month Xiaomi announced the Android Oreo beta program and today the company has started accepting applications for beta testers. Under this program, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 users have the option to experience Android 8.0 Oreo-based MIUI and report any bugs or issues to Xiaomi as it can be fixed before official ROM is out.
As of now, Xiaomi Mi A1 is the only device upgraded to Android 8.0 firmware that too being a part of Google’s Android One Program. Apart from this, no other Xiaomi phone received Google’s latest OS update. You can also check list of Xiaomi phones eligible to get Android 8.0 Oreo update.
The registrations for beta testers already open on Mi Forum app. So, interested Mi Mix 2 users have to download the Mi Forum app from Google Play Store, go to the Recruitment section on the app’s homepage and submit the application post. Xiaomi then reviews your application and let you know through a forum PM whether you’re selected for the beta program or not. Do remember that the last date for submitting the application is January 8 at 11:59 PM China time.
Before you apply for the beta program, make sure to fulfill the following requirements –
- Region: All global regions
- Communication Language: English
- Device(s): Should own the Mi MIX 2
- Communication Tool: Should have QQ messenger app on your phone (It is a must, no other alternative tool)
- Must be using latest MIUI Global Developer ROM
- Should have the interest to test and some knowledge about ROMs
- Must be active on the forum
- Willing to discuss with other members of both QQ Beta group and forum
Mi Mix 2 Android 8.0 Oreo Stable Update – Release Date
There is no extract data revealed by the company about the release date of the stable version of the Mi Mix 2 Oreo update, but you can expect it very soon. Stay tuned with us as we’ll update once the stable update goes live.