Xiaomi, the Chinese smartphone vendor has always disappointed its fans for not rolling out Android updates in time. But thanks to various Android developers, who have striven hard to develop custom ROMs based on Google latest operating system. One such developer is Mr. Ivan, who has released unofficial build of Android 7.0 Nougat ROM for Mi Note Pro flagship. As the ROM is still under development, users may find some bugs & issues after flashing Nougat AOSP ROM on Mi Note Pro.
Before starting the flashing process, make sure TWRP Recovery is installed and has root access on your device. So without much wasting time, do follow the below quick steps to update Xiaomi Mi Note Pro to Android 7.0 Nougat Update via AOSP ROM.
Related: Eligible Xiaomi phones to get Android 7.0 Nougat update
- The below tutorial is compatible only with Xiaomi Mi Note Pro. Don’t try on any other model.
- Device should have bootloader unlocked.
- Make sure your device is rooted and has TWRP 3.0 installed.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings. (Simple guide)
- The battery level should be at least 70% or more in order to avoid unnecessary power-off between the flashing processes.
- Take a backup of all your important data.
Disclaimer: Flashing custom rom may void your company warranty. So understand the risk and proceed at your own interest. We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your handset during or after flashing process.
How to Update Xiaomi Mi Note Pro to Android 7.0 Nougat via AOSP ROM:
1. Download Nougat AOSP ROM and compatible GApps package from the following links.
2. Connect your device with PC and copy the above files to your device SD card storage.
3. Disconnect the device from PC.
4. Turn off your handset and boot into TWRP Recovery. You need to press volume down and power keys together to boot into recovery mode.
5. Once you enter into recovery mode, perform a factory reset from the path Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Wipe Cache, Dalvik System Cache and data > Swipe to confirm.
6. Head back to recovery main menu and choose “Install”. Now choose the downloaded ROM package and swipe to start the flashing process. Similarly flash GApps on your device.
7. Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
8. Reboot your device into normal mode.
That’s it! Android 7.0 Nougat firmware has been successfully flashed on your Xiaomi Mi Note 2.