Hey MIUIers, Xiaomi has just released MIUI 8 update for Mi 3 and Mi 4 smartphones. It is available via OTA (over-the-air) and brings the version MIUI 18.104.22.168.MXDMIDI. All the Mi 3/4 users on Global Stable ROM will get the update notifications directly on their screen.
As MIUI 8 is a major upgrade after MIUI 7, it brings several new features and performance improvements (check below source link for complete changelog). The following are some of the highlights of the Mi 4/3 MIUI 22.214.171.124.MXDMIDI update –
- New – App lock: Unlock all apps at once (06-23)
- New – Saved and available Wi-Fi networks appear first in the list (07-05)
- New – After permission is restricted, a clickable notification is sent to the user which can restore permissions (07-05)
- New – Automatic adjustments for photos when sharing (07-19)
- New – Delete photos from the device only when browsing offline albums (07-27)
- New – Three-fingered swipe for screenshots (08-09)
- New – The app order in quick sharing is dynamically sorted by usage frequency (09-13)
- Optimization – Loading speed for the first reboot after OTA (06-21)
If you haven’t received an OTA update, need not worry as it might take a couple of days to appear on your device notification tray. You can also use the ‘Updater’ app to manually check for updates. But users on MIUI 8 Global Developer ROM or any other custom ROM will not receive an OTA update. These Xiaomi Mi 3/ 4 users need to flash fastboot ROM in order to enjoy MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable update. Just follow the below steps to download and flash MIUI 8 global stable ROM on Mi 3/ 4.
How to update: There are three possible ways to update your MIUI device to the latest version – Mi Recovery, Mi PC Suite, and Xiaomi Flash tool. Do check our guide on how to install MIUI 8 ROM for all the three methods.
Already upgraded to MIUI 8, do share your thoughts in the below comment section.