Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 9.6 update for its range of Mi & Redmi devices. Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is one of the first MIUI device to get the taste of latest update. The update is rolling out via OTA (over-the-air) and it brings the build number v126.96.36.199.NEGMIFA. In this post, we have shared quick steps to download & install MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global ROM on Redmi Note 5.
The latest MIUI 184.108.40.206 update for Redmi Note 5 brings fixes for Wi-Fi connectivity issue and phone rebooting on phone call bug. As the update is pushed via airborne manner, it might take couple of days to appear on your device notification bar. Users can also manually check by following the path Settings > About Phone > Check for latest updates. Alternative, Redmi Note 5 users can also take help of ‘Updater’ app to check for latest updates. Make sure to use high-speed internet connection say WiFi for faster downloading of the firmware. In case, if you still doesn’t received the latest update and doesn’t want to wait longer, then follow the below guide on how to manually download and flash MIUI 220.127.116.11 Update on Redmi Note 5.
Download MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global ROM for Redmi Note 5
- MIUI 22.214.171.124 Recovery ROM for Redmi Note 5 – Download
- MIUI 126.96.36.199 Fastboot ROM for Redmi Note 5 – Download (Coming Soon)
How to Install MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM on Redmi Note 5
Before taking you to flashing guide, download MIUI 9.6 ROM from above download section and transfer it (recovery ROM) to your device storage. Also, make sure to fulfill the following prerequisites.
- This ROM can be only flashed on Xiaomi Note 5. Don’t try to flash on any other Xiaomi model.
- Charge your phone at least 75% before starting the update process.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Download and Install the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC / Laptop.
- Download and Install the Mi Flash Tool on your PC / Laptop.
- XiaomiAdvices should not held responsible for bricking or damaging of your smartphone which is uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
There are two methods through which you can update your Redmi Note 5 to MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global ROM – Recovery Method and Fastboot Method. Refer the below link for both methods.
Already received MIUI 9.6 update on your Xiaomi device, then do share your experience with the latest MIUI ROM in below comments.