Paytm users will be happy to hear that the company has launched a new toll-free number (1800 1800 1234) which lets you make transactions i.e., sending & receiving money without internet connection. Just using the above toll free number, one can access their Paytm account and make quick transactions. It will be much useful for those who own a feature phone and other non-internet users. To start enjoying the service, Paytm customers need to set their 4 digit PIN on call. Then they need to enter recipient’s mobile number, amount and their Paytm PIN to send money without internet.
Regarding the new initiative, Paytm on their official blog, said “We are on a mission to democratize payments by empowering every consumer and merchant to pay and receive money digitally. After the launch of our new Peer-to-Peer payment system for merchants, this is yet another step towards our goal of achieving a cashless India.”
Note: Before using the Paytm Offline service, make sure you already have an account with valid number assigned to it.
How to Pay & Receive Money on Paytm without internet:
To send or receive payment without internet, first you need to create 4 digit Paytm PIN. Follow the below steps to create PIN for your mobile number.
How to Set PIN:
- Dial 1800 1800 1234 from your registered Paytm mobile number
- As you’re using the offline service for the first time, you need to setup 4 digit PIN.
- Call will be automatically disconnected and just in a minute or two you will receive a call from Paytm support.
- Just choose your preferred language and set 4 digit Paytm PIN.
How to send money:
- Open dial-pad and call 1800 1800 1234
- Enter recipient’s mobile number and amount
- Confirm transaction by entering 4 digit Paytm PIN
Earlier Paytm has announced that it is going to merge its digital wallet business to the newly-incorporated Paytm Payments Bank Limited (PPBL) after getting approval from Reserve Bank of India.