Guide to Root Xiaomi Mi 6X and Install TWRP Recovery: Xiaomi Mi 5X was company’s one of the best launches for year 2017. That’s the reason, Xiaomi rebranded the Mi 5X and launch it as Mi A1 for most of the global countries including India. Only difference between the two handsets is Mi 5X runs on MIUI ROM while the Mi A1 comes equipped with stock Android OS. Now the Chinese smartphone giant has launched its successor dubbed as Xiaomi Mi 6X in China.
The device is already up for grab in China, and most of you might already own one. Here, we have shared simple tutorial to root Xiaomi Mi 6X and install TWRP recovery to make the device most of it. With TWRP Custom Recovery installed, one can perform several tasks including installation of custom ROMs, Mods, Kernel, Root, or even back and restore any ROM.
Disclaimer: Before you start the rooting process, I want to warn you that, By doing this you may lose warranty and sometime it may also result in brick if you don’t follow the steps accordingly. We, XiaomiAdvices should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device. Always, proceed at your own risk.
- This guide to root and install TWRP Recovery is only for Xiaomi Mi 6X. Don’t try to install on any other Xiaomi/ Android model.
- Bootloader should be unlocked (Complete guide).
- Download & Install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Setup ADB & Fastboot drivers on your Windows / Mac.
- Charge your phone at least 70% to avoid unnecessary power-off in-between the process.
- Backup all your data to a safer place.
- Enable USB Debugging and Developer Options from Setting’s.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6X
1. Download TWRP Recovery image file from above download section to your PC and rename it as recovery.img and paste it inside the Fastboot folder.
2. Now you need to open a CMD window inside that folder. To do that, perform Shift + Right Click on any empty white space inside the folder and then select Open Command window here.
3. Connect your device with PC using a standard USB cable.
4. Now you need to follow the instructions given down below on your Xiaomi Mi 6X –
That’s it! You’ve now TWRP Custom recovery installed on your Mi 6X smartphone. Now, you need to follow the below steps in accordance to root your phone.
Steps to Root Xiaomi Mi 6X
1. Download SuperSU zip or Magisk zip from above download section to your device.
2. Now you need to turn off your device into TWRP Recovery mode. You can follow our simple guide on how to boot Xiaomi phones into TWRP Recovery.
3. Next, follow our guide on how to root Xiaomi Mi 6X smartphone
Note: Don’t try to flash both SuperSU and Magisk on your device. It is advisable either to download SuperSU or Magisk.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully rooted your Xiaomi Mi 6X smartphone. To cross check root access, download & install Root Checker from Google Play Store. In case of any queries, feel free to drop a comment below.