Xiaomi Mi4 Android smartphone now can be easily rooted without losing the company warranty. Earlier we have shared how to installed CWM Custom Recovery on your Mi4 device, and nowhere is the complete process to get root access on the same smartphone.
Compared to all other root processes, below is more simple and easier. Rooting of any smartphone give rights to the user for flashing any version of custom Android ROM on their devices.
To remind you, Mi4 is a company flagship smartphone launched in India in early February this year. The Mi4 packs with a 5-inch Full-HD display, powered with a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8.1 processor clocking at 2.5GHz with an Adreno 330 GPU and 3GB of RAM. It comes with two storage options variants- one with 16GB and another 64GB
Early Preparations to Root Mi4:
- Charge your device well enough to avoid unnecessary power-off in-between the rooting process.
- Backup all important data present on your smartphone.
- The following instructions are meant for the Xiaomi Mi4 device only.
- Ensure proper USB drivers are installed on your PC.
Process to Root the Mi4 without losing Company Warranty:
1. Download the official Developer ROM for your device and transfer the same to device internal storage.
2. Next, go to Settings > About Phone > tap on “System Updates” > tap on the menu present at the top right of the screen and select the option “Choose update package”.
3. Now select the official developer ROM which you transfer to device internal storage. Now the update will start automatically. Finally a message pops-up, “Reboot Now”. Tap on it to proceed.
4. While rebooting your device, you’ll see a progress bar under the Mi boot logo. You have to wait for a while till it completes.
5. After a successful reboot, launch security app then select Permissions > Root Access. Now as per your requirement, you can allow root access to your device.
Now go to Google Play Store and download “Root Checker” app to confirm the root access.