MIUI 8 was first released in China back in May and a month later it was announced for the global market. As of now, most of the Xiaomi phones users already received MIUI 8 update. Recently the company rolled out MIUI 8.1 for Redmi Note 3 which is another major upgrade after MIUI 8. Many MIUI users have been looking around to gain root access to make the device most of it. So here we have shared a simple tutorial to root Xiaomi Mi & Redmi phones on MIUI 8 (Android Marshmallow/Lollipop).
Rooting a MIUI 8 device it’s still as easy as it was on previous MIUI versions. All you need is TWRP recovery flashed on your device through which you can easily install SuperSu .zip file to get rooted. Before starting the below process, make sure you have perform backup of all your important data (Images, videos, documents, sms, contacts, etc.) and the device is well charged enough.
Apart from SuperSU, users can also get their Mi phone rooted using Kingroot app. It is a one-click root application which is compatible with most of the Android devices. You can download Kingroot APK from here and install on your mobile. Also best MIUI 8 tips, tricks & tutorials
Disclaimer: Rooting of your Mi & Redmi device will voids company warranty completely. We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the rooting process. Always continue at your own risk.
How to Root Xiaomi MIUI 8 Mi & Redmi phones:
1. Download SuperSU .zip from the following link and save on your device storage.
2. Flash TWRP Recovery on your MIUI 8 device. You can check our guide on how to flash TWRP recovery on Xiaomi phones.
3. Turn off your device.
4. Boot into TWRP recovery mode. To do so, press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you see the recovery mode options on your device.
5. From recovery main menu, tap on ‘Install’ and choose the SuperSU zip file that you have saved on your device memory.
6. You need to perform Swipe to start the flashing process.
7. Once done, choose Reboot System to boot your device into normal mode.
That’s it! You have successfully gained root access on your Xiaomi MIUI 8 device. To confirm, download and install third-part app called “Root Checker” from Google Play Store.