Kingroot and Framaroot are always first choice of users to achieve root access on any Android smartphone. These are the one-click root tools and can be easily used by any smartphone owner. As today’s devices comes with locked bootloader, none of the one-click root apps works in achieving root access. The situation is same for the Xiaomi Redmi 3s users as their devices comes with locked bootloader. For all those Redmi 3s users, here we have a special tool called “Flasher Toolkit Land” which not only unlocks the bootloader but also root the device and install Google Play Store.
The following is the simple guide to install TWRP, flash SuperSU to root, and install Play Store on Xiaomi Redmi 3s smartphone. Also check few of the related stuff –
- The below rooting process works only with Redmi 3S. Don’t try on any other Xiaomi device.
- Make sure the bootloader of your device is unlocked. (complete guide)
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Ensure USB Debugging and Developer Options are enabled on your device. Guide – How to enable Developer options on Xiaomi phones.
- Disable Windows Drivers Signature Enforcement on your computer.
- Backup all your important data and also charge your device well enough to avoid unnecessary power-off between the rooting processes.
Disclaimer: Unlocking bootloader and rooting voids your Xiaomi Redmi 3s warranty completely. So understand the amount of risk and proceed at your own interest.
Flasher Toolkit Land (created by Feds64)
How to Root Redmi 3S and install Google Apps:
1. Firstly download Flasher Toolkit Land package from the above links and extract the same on your computer.
2. Take a USB cable and connect the device with PC.
3. Now you need to copy both SuperSU and OpenGapps .zip files into your device storage.
4. Go to the folder where you have extracted the Flasher Toolkit and right-click on “Flasher Toolkit Land v1.bat”. Next from the various options, tap on “Run as administrator”.
5. In the next screen, choose option #1 to flash TWRP v3.0.0 custom recovery on your device.
6. Wait till the tool matches with all the terms and conditions and once met the process automatically starts.
7. Once the flashing process completed, the device reboots into TWRP recovery.
8. From the recovery main menu, choose “Install” and then locate both SuperSU and OpenGapps .zip files.
9. The flashing process takes few minutes to finish. So keep patience and wait.
10. Once done, choose “Reboot System” to reboot your device into normal mode.
Congrats! You have successfully rooted Xiaomi Redmi 3S and installed Gapps. Do check root access by downloading “Root Checker” application from Google Play Store.
Don’t forget to share the post with your friends on Facebook and let them achieve root access on their respective Redmi 3s devices.