Xiaomi Mi A2 is the company’s latest Android One smartphone launched in India earlier this month. The device is already up for orders in India for Rs. 16,999 and most of you might have already purchased one. If yes, then you might be searching for TWRP Recovery and Root tool for your Xiaomi Mi A2. Here after, there is no need to look around as here we have shared guide on how to Root Xiaomi Mi A2 and install TWRP Recovery.
TWRP Recovery is considered as one of the popular tool for the Android developer’s community. It helps you install custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, Root or even perform backup on any Android smartphone. If you’re thinking to make your Xiaomi Mi A2 most of it, then TWRP Recovery is the first software you need to install on your device. Once installed, you can easily flash Magisk to root your device very quickly.
Before we take you to the flashing process, we like to thank XDA developer and senior member TingyiChen for developing the Mi A2 compatible TWRP recovery.
- This rooting guide is meant only for Xiaomi Mi A2. Don’t try on any other Xiaomi/Android phone.
- You need to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A2.
- Download and install the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- There should be enough battery on your device to performing the following rooting procedure.
- Take a complete backup of your data to a safer place. This helps to restore if any data loss occurs.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
Disclaimer: Rooting of Android phones voids company warranty. We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the process. Always, proceed at your own interest.
TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi A2 – Download
Magisk Root – Download
How to Install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2
1. Firstly, download TWRP Recovery file from above to your PC.
2. Rename the TWRP image file to twrp.img and copy it to Fastboot folder.
3. Now you need to connect your device to PC using a standard USB cable.
4. Next, follow our simple guide on how to flash TWRP via Fastboot here.
That’s it! TWRP Recovery has been successfully installed on your Xiaomi Mi A2. Follow the below steps to perform rooting process on your Mi A2.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi A2 –
1. Download Magisk root from above download section to your device storage.
2. Turn off your device and boot into TWRP recovery. Check how to boot Xiaomi phones into TWRP recovery.
3. Follow our guide to install Magisk via TWRP recovery.
4. Once done, reboot system.
5. That’s it! You must have again root access on your Mi A2. To confirm root permission, download and install Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
For any kind of difficulties, do feel free to contact us via below comments!