Xiaomi Mi Note 2, the company latest flagship smartphone can be rooted with the help of SuperSU. The device was launched back in October 2016 running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow (MIUI 8) out of the box. Rooting an Android device lets you make it most of it as unnecessary pre-installed apps can be easily removed thereby increasing your phone memory. Not only this, users also flash various custom ROMs including CM14.1, Resurrection Remix, Nexus ROM, Flyme OS, etc.
Without further ado, do follow the below steps to root Xiaomi Mi Note 2 on Marshmallow and install TWRP Recovery. Also Android 7.0 Nougat update schedule for Mi Note 2
- You should have Xiaomi Mi Note 2 running on Marshmallow
- Battery percentage should be above 80.
- Backup your device.
- Enable USB Debugging and Developer options from Settings. (Complete Guide)
- Install USB Drivers on PC.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC.
Install TWRP Recovery in Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Marshmallow
1. Download TWRP Recovery image file for Xiaomi Mi Note 2 on PC and rename it as recovery.img.
2. Copy the above recovery file to the PC folder where you have the fastboot files.
3. Boot your device into download mode and connect it with PC.
4. Now you need to launch command prompt from ADB and fastboot folder and give the following commans:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
5. The above command will start flashing TWRP recovery on your device.
6. Wait for few minutes till the flashing process is completed.
7. Once done, reboot your device.
Related: Download Beautiful Wallpapers for Mi Note 2
How to Root Mi Note 2 Marshmallow
1. Download SuperSU .zip file and save it on your device storage.
2. Turn off your mobile and boot into TWRP recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power Button simultaneously.
3. Once in recovery, perform Wipe > Advance Wipe > Select Cache, System, Data.
4. Go back to recovery main menu and tap on ‘Install’. Choose the SuperSu.zip file which you have downloaded to device storage in step 1.
5. Swipe to confirm the flash.
6. Reboot device.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted Mi Note 2 Marshmallow. To confirm root access, download & install “Root Checker” on your mobile.
Unroot Mi Note 2
1. Go to App Drawer and launch SuperSU.
2. Go to Settings > Full unroot > Confirm.
3. Uninstall Supersu from settings.
4. Download Root checker to check root status.
Don’t forget to share the post with your friends using the below social networking buttons and let them make their device most of it.