Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 users now can easily root the device using the KingoRoot tool. It is a one-click root tool which is to be installed on your computer. With root access, one can make the device most of it like installation of root-only apps, removing company pre-installed apps, applying premium themes, installing custom recovery, increase the processor frequency, porting applications on microSD card, and much more. So without much wasting time, do follow the below guide on how to Root Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 running MIUI 7.
To remind you, Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 comes with 7.9-inch (2048 x 1536 pixels) display, powered with 2.24GHz quad-core 64-bit Intel Atom X5-Z8500 processor, 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB/64GB internal storage, 8MP rear camera, 5MP front camera, and 6190mAh battery.
- The guide works only with Xiaomi Mi Pad 2. Don’t try on any other model.
- Though the process is free from data loss, it is advisable to perform backup of all your important data.
- Maintain a charging level of 70% or more.
- Make sure to install USB drivers on your computer.
Disclaimer: Rooting of Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 voids your company warranty. You may also brick your device if doesn’t followed the steps accordingly listed below. So continue at your risk.
Root Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 using KingoRoot
1. Download the software KingoRoot on your computer.
2. Install the software by following on-screen instructions and run it.
3. Make sure you have enabled USB debugging on your Mi Pad 2. If not follow the simple guide.
4. Now you need to connect the device with PC using a USB cable.
5. Wait until the tool recognizes your device.
6. Once successful found, tap on ‘Root’ located at the bottom center.
7. The rooting process starts and might take few minutes to complete.
8. Once completed, restart the device.
9. Confirm the root status by download and installing Root Checker on your MIUI device.