As of now most of the Xiaomi Mi4 users might be enjoying the Android 6.0 Marshmallow on their devices. If you’re looking to get Root access on your Mi4 running on Marshmallow 6.0, then your wait is completed. Here below we have the tutorial on the same. With this, you can enjoy additional features like installation of third party apps, custom ROMs, and various other customization.
Xiaomi Mi4 users can easily root the smartphone by just flashing SuperSU from TWRP custom recovery. So, before starting the rooting process, make sure your device is well prepared (check below).
Preparing your smartphone –
- The below rooting process works only on Xiaomi Mi4. Don’t try to flash the zip on any other device model.
- Charge your smartphone well-enough to avoid unnecessary power-off.
- For better connection between your device and PC, do install USB Drivers.
- The bootloader of your handset should be unlocked.
- TWRP Recovery should be installed.
- Backup necessary data like app data, contacts, sms, media, etc. before starting the procedure.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings.
Disclaimer: Unlocking bootloader and rooting your Xiaomi Mi4 voids company warranty. We should not held responsible for damage occurs during or after the process.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi4 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
1. Download the SuperSU zip file on your computer and transfer the same to root folder of device storage using a USB cable.
2. Once copied, disconnect the device from PC.
3. Now turn off your mobile and boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power button.
4. From TWRP recovery main menu, choose ‘Install’ and select the SuperSU zip package and then Swipe to Confirm flash.
5. Now the flashing process will start. Once completed, you need to tap on Reboot system from recovery main menu.
6. Once the device successfully boots-up, check the root status by downloading a third-party Android app called “Root Checker”.
For more Xiaomi Mi4 updates, custom ROM, tips & tricks do check HERE.