We have already shared various methods to root Xiaomi Mi 4 Android smartphone in our previous articles. Here we have another method which guides you to root Xiaomi Mi4 using SuperSU. It is a simple process and every user can follow it easily. Firstly you need to install TWRP Recovery 3.0 and then flash the SuperSU file directly from the recovery mode. If you’re new to rooting, then need not to worry as here we have shared complete step by step instructions to install TWRP Recovery 3.0 and Root Mi4.
Rooting of Android smartphones has become more popular these days as it unlock several features like installation of Custom ROMs (MIUI 8, Marshmallow, Android N), root only apps, uninstall system apps, apply premium themes, and many more. Do check our ROOT section for more details.
- The below rooting procedure works only with Xiaomi Mi4 (cancro) MIUI 7 smartphone. Don’t try on any other MIUI device.
- Ensure at least 70% charged battery of Mi 4.
- Enable USB Debugging from settings > Developer options.
- You need to Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers in your PC.
- Backup all your important data to a safe location.
- Install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
Disclaimer: Rooting of any Android device voids company warranty. You may also brick your device if doesn’t followed the steps properly. Always proceed at your own risk.
How to Install TWRP Recovery 3.0 on Xiaomi Mi4
1. Download TWRP .zip file from the below download section and rename it as “recovery.img”. Once renamed, move the TWRP file into ADB and Fastboot installed folder [C:\Programe file86x\ ADB folder]
2. Also download SuperSU file and transfer into internal memory of Mi4.
3. Now you need to open command prompt window at ADB folder. Doesn’t know how to do it? Hold the shift key and right click anywhere in the ADB folder. Now you’ll see list of various options. Tap on “open command window here”.
4. Then you need to boot Xiaomi Mi4 into fastboot mode and then connect the smartphone with PC using a USB cable.
5. To check the device connection with PC, you need to give the command – fastboot devices. This will show all the connected devices list.
6. Give another command – fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
This command will flash TWRP recovery on your Mi4.
7. Give final command – fastboot boot recovery.img to boot your device into TWRP Recovery Mode.
Rooting Mi4 using SuperSU
Once you’re in the recovery mode, choose “Install” option and then choose SuperSU file which you have copied to internal memory. Swipe to install SuperSu. Go back to recovery main menu and tap “reboot”. Confirm the root access using “Root Checker”
That’s it! You have successfully rooted Xiaomi Mi4 Android smartphone using SuperSU.
- TWRP Recovery 3.0