Xiaomi Mi5 is the company 2016 flagship smartphone which already announced to various Asian markets including India. It has a pretty nice design which surely gives you premium feel while holding on your hand. Not only that it also includes some powerful specifications like 5.15-inch FHD display, 128GB of internal storage, 4GB of RAM, Snapdragon 820 Quad Core 2.15 processor, 3000mAh battery and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS with MIUI 7 on top (upgradable to MIUI 8). Alongside this features, if you wanted to make the device most of it, then here we have a guide on How to Root Xiaomi Mi5 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware via Kingroot app.
It is a one-click root process and every Mi5 user can follow it easily. You need to install an app called Kingroot which helps you to gain root access just in a minute. So without much wasting time follow the below steps to root Xiaomi Mi5 Marshmallow device.
- The following tutorial works only with Xiaomi Mi5 smartphone. Don’t try on any other Mi device.
- Maintain a battery level of 60% or more to avoid unnecessary power-off between the rooting processes.
- Though the process is free from data loss, it is advisable to perform backup of all the important data.
- Install USB Drivers on PC.
- Enable USB Debugging mode & Unknown sources from Settings.
Disclaimer: Users may void phone warranty after the rooting procedure. So, proceed at your own risk.
Root Xiaomi Mi5 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow using Kingroot
1. Simply download Kingroot APK from the below links to your PC or directly to your device SD card. If downloaded on PC, transfer the same APK file to device memory using a standard USB cable.
2. Open ES File Manager or any default one from the app drawer and locate the APK file.
3. Tap on it and follow the onscreen instructions to install.
4. Once successfully installed, open the Kingroot application.
5. From the app main menu, you’ll see a circle and Root phone option.
6. Just tap on it to star the rooting procedure.
7. Once done, you will see “Root Successful” being displayed on the screen.
8. Reboot and enjoy.
Confirm the root status by downloading “Root Checker” Android application.