Xiaomi Mi5 is already available to purchase across various online stores in India and various other countries. Those users who have brought the smartphone may be looking for rooting tutorials to make most of it. For those users, here we have a simple guide to root Xiaomi Mi5 using SuperSU application. It is a one-click root process without using computer.
The rooting process is compatible with both Xiaomi Mi5 devices running on MIUI 7 or MIUI 8. Though there are several advantages of rooting including support for custom roms, installing root only apps, etc. it may also voids your device warranty completely. So proceed at your own risk. Related how to root Xiaomi Mi 5 on Android Marshmallow
- The rooting process works only with Xiaomi Mi5 or Mi5 Pro. Don’t try on any other smartphone model.
- Ensure the battery level is more than 75% to avoid unnecessary power-off.
- Download and install suitable Xiaomi USB Drivers and PC Suite on your computer.
- Make sure TWRP recovery is installed on Xiaomi Mi5.
- Backup all your important data including contacts, SMS, call log, music, etc., to a safe location.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi5 using SuperSU
1. Download SuperSu .zip file directly to your device storage.
2. Boot the device into TWRP recovery. There are two different methods to be followed to boot the device into custom recovery.
3. Turn off your phone and then press & hold Power button and Volume Up button simultaneously.
4. In the second method, you need to use Updater App to boot the device into TWRP recovery. Launch Updater app > press three dots at the top right corner > Reboot to Recovery Mode > Reboot now.
5. Once you’re in the recovery, choose “Install” and then select the SuperSU .zip file which you have placed in phone storage.
6. Now tap “Swipe to confirm Flash” to start the flashing process.
7. At last, choose “Reboot System” to reboot the device into normal mode.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted Xiaomi Mi5 or Mi5 Pro using SuperSU application. Do download and install “Root Checker” application to confirm the root access. Enjoy!