Xiaomi at the time of Redmi Note 5 Pro announcement promised to bring Face Unlock feature to the device by March end. As promised, Xiaomi last week rolled out MIUI 18.104.22.168 update to Redmi Note 5 Pro which brings the most anticipated Face Unlock feature. With this, it becomes the first smartphone of Xiaomi family to get Face Unlock feature in India.
As of now, Xiaomi is already done with couple of Redmi Note 5 Pro sales and those who already bought the Redmi Note 5 Pro will be greeted with a new update that packs the Face Unlock feature. The update weighs 1.6GB and it carries build number MIUI v9.2.4.NEIMIEK.
Those who’re new to Face Unlock feature might be wondering how to set it up on your Redmi Note 5 Pro? Don’t worry we present you a quick guide to it.
How to Enable Redmi Note 5 Pro Face Unlock Feature
1. Launch Settings app on your device and tap on Lock screen & password option in System & Device section.
2. Now you need to tap on “Add face data” option located at the top. In the next screen, you’ll see some security warnings and a useful advice before setting up Face Unlock.
3. Tap on “Next” button to continue.
4. Now enroll your face by taking your face close to the camera sensors. Make sure you’re in good light condition.
5. Once you’re done, you’ll see a message saying “Face Data added successfully”.
6. That’s it! Lock your device and try unlocking with your facial recognition. It should work fine and unlock.
So, that’s the simple guide on how to Setup Face Unlock on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. If you want to delete this feature, go to Settings > Lock screen & password > Add Face Unlock > Delete face data. Enjoy!