Xiaomi Mi4i (aka ferrari) now can be easily updated to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware via unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 custom ROM. The device was announced back in April 2015 running on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OS and thereafter it doesn’t received any Android updates. But as always we do, we have CM 12.1 custom ROM which gives the similar user interface of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.
As it is a custom ROM, you might encounter some issues and bugs, but most of the features are working well without any problem. In order to install CM12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM on your Mi4i, you need to follow the below step by step instructions.
- Language: Multilanguage
- CoreOS: Android 5.1.1
- Based Versions: CM12.1 lolipop 5.1.1 latest source
- Fit Models: Mi 4i / Ferrari
- Producers: omerjerk,dh.harald
- Rom Type: CM12.1 lolipop 5.1.1
- Rom Style: Multi-Function Version
- Update process is only for Mi4i. Don’t try to flash the CM 12.1 ROM on any other smartphone.
- Make sure you take backup of all your important data (contacts, SMS, apps data, images, videos)
- Make sure you have flashed TWRP custom recovery on your Mi4i / Ferrari.
- Maintain atleast 75% charging level.
- Your device should be rooted.
Rooting and installation of custom ROM voids your company warranty. Sometimes you may brick your handset if doesn’t execute the steps properly. So, we are not responsible for any kind of damage occurs to your Mi4i. Proceed at your own interest. Also how to factory hard reset Xiaomi mi4i
Flash Android 5.1.1 Lollipop CM 12.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi4i
#1: Download unofficial CM 12.1 Lollipop ROM and Gapps package to your computer. Now copy the same to device SD card with the help of USB cable.
#2: Disconnect the device from PC.
#3: Turn off mobile and boot into TWRP recovery mode.
#4: Now you need to wipe data/factory reset and clear cache.
#5: Go to recovery main menu and choose “Install”. Navigate the ROM.zip file from SD storage and confirm the flash.
#6: Once done, repeat the above step to install Gapps.zip package.
#7: Reboot the device into system mode.
#8: Start using the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on your Mi4i smartphone.
Stay connected with us as we will be bringing more official and custom ROM update guides for Xiaomi Mi4i.