Xiaomi, the giant Chinese smartphone manufacturing company is one of the top 5 smartphone vendors in the world. The company is well known for launching high quality phones at reasonable pricing.
Xiaomi Redmi 1S, the budget smartphone was sold like hot cakes in India and all over the world. The device priced at Rs. 5,999 and was available through flash sale in India on Flipkart online retailer store.
The device runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean out of the box. If you own one and what to feel the taste of latest Android Lollipop OS, then here we shared complete tutorial on How to install Android 5.1.1 on Xiaomi Redmi 1S.
Follow the below steps to prepare your device for Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update-
Take backup of all important data present on your device. You can use third party Android app to take backup. Also perform Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
Unlock bootloader of your Xiaomi Redmi 1S smartphone. But make sure unlocking bootloader will voids the company warranty.
Install latest version of any of the following custom Recovery- CWM, PhilZ and TWRP.
Charge your device up to 70% and enable USB debugging from Settings.
How to Upgrade Xiaomi Redmi 1S to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Using Unofficial CM 12.1 Custom ROM:
1. Download Xiaomi Redmi 1S Unofficial 12.1 Custom ROM and Gapps directly to root folder of device internal storage.
2. Boot the device into recovery mode.
3. In Recovery, perform factory reset and clear the cache, system and data partitions.
4. Next return to main menu of recovery and choose “Install zip from SD card” option. Select the downloaded ROM and confirm to start flashing the Lollipop firmware on your device.
5. After successful flashing of Custom ROM, again head back to Recovery main menu and select “Install zip from SD card”. Here select Gapps to install on your device.
6. Now reboot your smartphone by selecting “reboot system now”.
Now your device has Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Unofficial CM 12.1 Custom ROM installed.