Xiaomi Mi 5 is one of the most successful flagship smartphone of Xiaomi for year 2016. A 5.15-inch FHD display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and 16MP rear camera are the highlights of the device. Even though Xiaomi Mi 5 is a company’s flagship model, it still runs on outdated Android Nougat firmware. Google latest Android 8.0 Oreo update is out and most of the flagship as well as Android One devices already receiving this update via OTA. Till now, Xiaomi Mi A1 is the company’s only device to get the taste of Oreo.
Most of the Xiaomi Mi 5 users might be eagerly waiting for the Android 8.0 Oreo update. There is no words on release of official Mi 5 Oreo update, but if you’re one who wanted to experience the update right now then here we have Lineage OS 15 custom ROM which gives similar experience. The Lineage OS 15 ROM is much stable for daily driver and brings all Android Oreo features. So, without much wasting time follow our quick steps on how to update Xiaomi Mi 5 to Android 8.0 Oreo firmware.
- This ROM is only for Xiaomi Mi 5. Don’t try to flash on any other model.
- TWRP custom recovery is required to flash the ROM.
- Complete device backup is recommended.
- Make sure there is more than 75% battery on your smartphone.
- Enable USB Debugging from device settings.
- Install USB drivers for your device on your PC.
Download Xiaomi Mi 5 Android 8.0 Oreo Update
- Lineage OS 15 ROM
Disclaimer: Flashing custom ROM voids company warranty. We, Xiaomi Advices should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the flashing process.
How to install Android 8.0 Oreo based Lineage OS 15 ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5
1. Firstly, download Android Oreo based Lineage OS 15 ROM and compatible GApps from above download section.
2. Transfer the ROM and GApps .zip files to device storage using your data cable.
3. Turn off your Xiaomi Mi 5 mobile and boot into TWRP Recovery mode. To do so, you need to press and hold Volume Up + Power Button together.
4. Once you’re in the Recovery mode, release the Keys.
5. First of all tap on Backup and make a backup of the current installed OS. This backup will be useful to restore the firmware if any mishap occurs with the Lineage OS 15 ROM.
6. Tap on Wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache.
7. Next, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS 15 .zip file from device storage.
8. Now perform “Swipe to Confirm Flash”.
9. Similarly you need to install GApps on your Mi5 smartphone.
10. Once done, tap on Reboot to boot your device into normal mode.
Congrats! You’ve successfully upgraded your Xiaomi Mi 5 smartphone to Android 8.0 Oreo based Lineage OS 15 ROM. Do share your feedback on Android Oreo in the below comment box.
Related Updates: Download Redmi 4A Android 8.0 Oreo update [Lineage OS 15 ROM]