Xiaomi Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite users reportedly receiving a new software update. It pops-up the version 22.214.171.124.ODIMIFE and brings the October 2018 Security patch for Xiaomi Mi A2 and A2 Lite handsets. Here we will help you to download and install v126.96.36.199 firmware on Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite.
Like always, the latest 188.8.131.52 update is pushed via OTA (over-the-air) in a phase-wise manner. So, it might take couple of days or even a week to appear on each and every Mi A2 device. In any case, if you haven’t received software update or it fails to show up on your device notification bar, then you can yourself look for it. Simply, go to Settings > System > System Update > Check for update. This is the way to manually check for latest software updates (OTA) on Xiaomi phones.
Xiaomi still have to share the official changelog for this update, but some source confirms that it brings fixes for smart lock bug. The v184.108.40.206 update for Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite is about 203 MB in size, so it is advisable to use a high-speed internet connectivity for downloading the OTA firmware package.
Download OPM1.171019.011.V220.127.116.11 Firmware for Mi A2/A2 Lite [October 2018 patch]
Mi A2 Lite Firmware
Recovery ROM v18.104.22.168.ODIMIFE: Download
Recovery ROM v22.214.171.124.ODIMIFE: Not available to download yet
Mi A2 Firmware
Fastboot ROM v126.96.36.199.ODIMIFE: Download
- This guide is to flash latest OTA update on Xiaomi Mi A2/Mi A2 Lite. Don’t try this on any other device.
- There should be enough battery on your device to perform the update process.
- Bootloader of your device should be unlocked. (Complete Guide)
- Your device should be running on stock firmware and not any Custom ROM.
- Backup all your important data to a safer location. This will help to restore if any data loss occurs.
- Download and setup ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Download & install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
Disclaimer: XiaomiAdvices is not responsible for bricking or damaging of your device.
How to Install OPM1.171019.011.V188.8.131.52.ODIMIFE update:
If you choose to flash Recovery ROM, then
1. Install the TWRP Recovery on your Mi A2 / Mi A2 Lite. Follow our guide on how to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi phones.
2. Download the TWRP Flashable ROM from above links and save it to your device storage.
3. Turn off your device and boot into TWRP recovery.
4. Perform a factory reset. To do so, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik Cache, System and data and swipe to confirm it.
5. Head back to Recovery main menu and tap on Install. Here you need to choose the ROM .zip file which you have saved to device storage.
6. Swipe to Confirm flash!
7. Now wipe cache and Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
If you choose to flash Fastboot ROM, then
1. Download the fastboot firmware zip file and extract the .bat extension file.
2. Make sure you’ve installed ADB and Fastboot on your PC. You can refer the above link for the same.
3. Turn off your device and enter into Fastboot mode. To do so, you need to press Power + Vol Down button at the same time.
4. Take a USB cable and connect the device with PC.
5. In the fastboot, select the ROM file with .bat extension.
6. Flash the ROM file
7. That’s it you have now updated to the latest October 2018 firmware
I hope the above tutorial was helpful in updating your Xiaomi Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite to latest v184.108.40.206 firmware. For any issues or difficulty, do leave a comment below.