CyanogenMod 14.1 based on Android 7.0 Nougat is now available to download for Xiaomi Mi3 and Mi4 smartphones. The Mi3 was launched running on Android JellyBean later upgraded to Android 4.4 KitKat while the Mi4 announced running on Android KitKat out of the box (now upgraded to Android Marshmallow). Both the devices can be upgraded to Android Nougat via CyanogenMod 14.1. It is an unofficial custom ROM bringing all the features of Android 7.0 ROM.
Before starting the flashing process, make sure to backup all your important stuff and charge your device atleast 70% or more in order to avoid unnecessary power-off. Without much thinking about, just follow the below quick steps to update Xiaomi Mi3, Mi4 to Android Nougat CM 14.1 firmware.
Disclaimer: Flashing of custom ROM may voids your device company warranty. It may also brick your device if doesn’t follow the steps currently. So understand the amount of risk involved and proceed at your own risk.
How to install CyanogenMod 14.1 Android 7.0 Nougat on Xiaomi Mi3 & Mi4:
1. Download CyanogenMod 14.1 ROM and save on your device SD card. Also download Android 7.0 GApps and copy it to the folder where you have CyanogenMod 14.1 ROM.
2. Unlock bootloader of your device.
3. Flash TWRP custom recovery on your MIUI device via Fastboot.
4. Boot your device into TWRP recovery using appropriate hardware buttons and perform factory rest from main menu.
5. Now you need to choose ‘Install’ and flash the CM 14.1 zip from SD card.
6. Repeat the above step to flash GApps on your device.
7. Reboot your device to system mode.
That’s it! You have successfully upgraded your Xiaomi Mi3, Mi4 to Android 7.0 Nougat firmware.