Mi Flash Tool is one of the best tool to flash Stock/ Fastboot MIUI ROM to all Xiaomi smartphones including Redmi Note 5 Pro, Redmi Y2, Mi Note 3, Mi5/5S, Mi Pad 3, Mi Mix 2, Mi Max 3, Redmi 6 Pro, and others. Flashing Fastboot ROM will be much handy when your smartphone is bricked or you wanted to revert back to stock firmware from custom ROM. This cool tool can be installed on any Windows platform (Windows 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10) and is compatible with the Mi ADB drivers and Mi PC Suite.
The following is the guide to download fastboot ROM and flash on your Xiaomi phone using Mi Flash Tool.
- You can follow the below steps to flash stock firmware on almost all Xiaomi phones.
- Make sure to install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Charge your device well enough to avoid unnecessary power-off between the flashing process.
Disclaimer: Though the below procedure is an official one, you need to continue at your own risk. We should not held responsible for any damage occurs during or after the flashing process. Also How to install OTA updates on Xiaomi phones
How to use Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool
1. Download latest version of Mi Flash Tool from below link and install on your computer.
2. Download the stock firmware and extract it on your computer.
3. Turn off your mobile.
4. Boot into Fastboot mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down + Power key at the same time for atleast 8-10 seconds.
5. Soon after entering into Fastboot mode, you will see the below screen:
6. Now you need to connect the device with PC using a standard USB cable.
7. Launch Mi Flash Tool on your computer.
8. Click on ‘select’ button located at the top left corner of the Mi Flash tool and choose the firmware which you have downloaded & extracted in step 2.
9. Next, click on the Refresh button. Doing this, the Mi Flash tool will recognizes your Xiaomi smartphone.
10. Finally, click on ‘Flash’ button to start the flashing process.
11. The flashing process starts and might take few seconds to complete. Once finished, you will see a Success message being displayed on your Mi Flash Tool.
That’s it! You have successfully installed Fastboot ROM on your Xiaomi smartphone using Mi Flash Tool. If you have any doubts while using the Mi Flash Tool, do let us know in the below comments. Also do share the post with your friends on social media and let them flash ROM manually.