Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S is one of those lucky flagship smartphones eligible for Android P Beta update. In this guide, we will help you on how to manually download & install Android P (9.0) Beta Firmware on Mi Mix 2S.
Thanks to Project Treble, Android P Beta is available for various Google’s Android OEM partner’s devices. One of such device is Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S and the update is already available to download. Earlier the Google-Pixel devices are only supposed to receive latest Android Beta update.
The latest iteration of Google mobile operating system brings several user-friendly features like new system navigation gestures, AI-powered app actions, Slices, background restrictions, and more. You can also check complete list of new features here.
As the ROM is still under development, users may face certain bugs and issues. Here below are some of the issues you’ll face after flashing the Android P Beta ROM on your Mi Mix 2S –
- Play music keeps stopping when clicking Music library
- No response when editing video in Photos
- UI issues for landscape mode
- Phone keeps hanging when choosing Voicemail
- The voice search function crashes in Setting
- Unable to edit local video
- No internet showed in the notification bar
Without much ado, lets first look out at the prerequisites and then we’ll directly take you to step by step guide on how to update Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S to Android P Beta firmware.
- The following update is only for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S. Don’t try to flash on any other Xiaomi/Android model.
- Make sure to charge your phone at least 70% to avoid unnecessary power-off between the update process.
- Download & Install latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Setup ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging from device settings. You can also check simple guide on how to enable USB Debugging on Xiaomi phones.
- Unlock Bootloader (Complete Guide)
- Perform backup of all your data to a safe place.
Download Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S Beta Firmware
Steps to Install Android P Beta Firmware on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
1. Download Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S Android P Beta Firmware from above download section to your computer.
2. Turn off your device. Now you need to press Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously to boot your device into Fastboot mode.
3. Connect your device with PC using a USB cable.
4. Next, double click on the downloaded ROM file and decompress it.
5. Open the file folder for the decompressed package and copy its path on your computer.
6. Download & install Mi Flash Tool on your PC.
7. Once successfully installed, launch the Mi Flash tool and paste the folder path of the ROM file copied in Step 5.
8. Tap on ‘refresh’ button located just beside the address bar. Doing this, the MiFlash tool will automatically recognizes your device.
9. Then you need to click on the ‘Flash’ button to start the installation process.
10. Sit back and watch till the progress bar turns completely green which indicates that the new firmware has been successfully installed.
11. Once done, your device will automatically boots into Android P Beta firmware. Enjoy!
Note: The first boot might take 10-15 minutes to complete, so keep patience and wait.
Congrats! You’ve successfully updated Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S to Android P Beta firmware. In case you run into any problems, feel free to share with us in the below comment section.