Xiaomi Mi Max MIUI 8 phablet gets official TWRP 126.96.36.199 Recovery support. Mi Max is the company latest smartphones which runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box. Though it’s a new device, users can download TWRP recovery and easily flash using ADB & Fastboot drivers. With the help of TWRP recovery, users can install SuperSu .zip file to gain root access. Without much wasting time, do follow the below tutorial on how to Root Xiaomi Mi Max MIUI 8 and install TWRP recovery.
- Setup ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC.
- You need to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Mi Max. (Complete guide)
- Download SuperSu file and place on your device SD card.
- Download TWRP Recovery file for Mi Max.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging from Settings. (Simple guide)
- Charge your device up to 70% or more to avoid unnecessary power-off between the rooting processes.
Disclaimer: Rooting of Android phone voids warranty and you won’t claim it back. You may also brick your Mi Max if doesn’t followed the steps correctly. We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your phone.
How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max MIUI 8 device
1. Firstly, download the TWRP 3.0.0 recovery from the above link and rename it to ‘recovery.img’. Now you transfer the file to the folder where ADB installed.
2. Now go the ADB folder and launch the command window (press & hold Shift key and then right click anywhere in the folder, then choose “Open command window here” from the various options).
3. Then you need to boot the device into fastboot mode (turn off the device and press Power + Volume Down together)and connect with PC.
4. Enter the command: fastboot devices to check the connection between your device & PC. Users will see the device serial number in reply which indicates a valid connection. Now you’re all set to flash TWRP recovery on your Mi Max device.
5. Next you need to give another command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6. The above command will flash TWRP recovery on your device.
7. Now you have successfully installed TWRP recovery on Mi Max. Let’s proceed with the rooting steps.
8. Once done, give the below command or press & hold “volume up + power button” to reboot the device into recovery mode.
fastboot boot recovery.img
9. Now you’ll be in TWRP recovery mode. From the main menu, navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’.
10. Swipe to confirm the flash. Once completed, reboot into device into normal mode.
11. The first boot might take up to 10 minutes. So, keep patience and wait till the device boots normally.
12. Confirm the root access by downloading an app called “Root Checker” from Play Store.
Congratulations! Xiaomi Mi Max has been successfully rooted on MIUI 8 Marshmallow firmware. Any questions regarding the above guide, drop a comment below.