Xiaomi Mi4i now can be upgraded to Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS with the help of unofficial CM13 custom ROM. You can download and install the download by just following the below guide on how to install CM13 in mi4i. As it is an unofficial ROM, you might face some bugs and issues. You may find issues with some of the Xiaomi Mi4i features like SIM, Audio, Sensor, MTP, etc. So, without much wasting time let’s proceed to the steps of installation. Also how to enable double tap to wake screen on Mi 4i
- Make sure you’re installing the ROM on Xiaomi Mi4i. Don’t try the process on any other Mi phone.
- You need to take backup of current ROM.
- As the process deletes all the user data, perform complete backup of important stuff like contacts, call logs, app data, music, SMS, etc.
- You must charge the device at least 70% to complete the update process.
- Make sure TWRP/CWM custom recovery is installed on your Mi4i device.
Disclaimer: The following process may brick your handset if doesn’t followed the steps correctly. Xiaomi Advices is not responsible for any damage occurs to your Mi4i. Always proceed at your own risk.
How to update Xiaomi Mi4i to Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS with unofficial CM13:
2. Now copy both the files to device storage using a USB cable.
3. Turn of the device and boot into TWRP recovery.
4. Next you need to Clear cache, Data and factory reset your device.
5. Once done, go to recovery main menu and choose ‘Install’. You need to select both zip files one after another.
6. Once the ROM and Gapps is flashed, reboot the device into normal mode.
7. Wait for a while as first boot might takes some time. Once done, start enjoying Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Xiaomi Mi4i.
Source- XDA Forum