Xiaomi Mi5 users need to enable Developer Options and USB Debugging before they start the process of updating ROM (fastboot) or rooting your device or installing TWRP/CWM custom recovery.
To enable USB Debugging on any Xiaomi smartphone, first you need to unblock the developer options. Here below is the simple guide on how to enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Mi5.
Enable Developer Options on Xiaomi Mi5
1. Launch the settings app on your Mi device.
2. Scroll down till you find About phone and tap on it.
3. Now you need to tap on MIUI version for about seven times continuously.
4. That’s it! Now you’ll see a message “You have enabled developer option” on your smartphone.
How to Enable USB Debugging on Xiaomi Mi5
1. Again go back to main Settings > Additional Settings.
2. Here you need to enable the developer options first.
3. Once enabled, you will see the settings for USB Debugging. Just toggle on it to enable.
Congrats! You have successfully enabled USB Debugging mode on your Xiaomi Mi 5 flagship.
Note: MIUI users can also check HERE if you own any other Xiaomi model.
For more rooting and other Mi5 tips & tricks, do visit HERE.