Xiaomi Mi5 is the Xiaomi 2016 flagship smartphone featuring a 5.2-inch 1080p display, powered with Snapdragon 820 SoC, Android 6.0 Marshmallow, 4GB RAM, 16MP rear camera, and 3000mAh battery. To make the device most of it, here we have come-up with tutorial to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi5.
To perform developer operations on any Android smartphone, the first thing you need to have is TWRP or any other custom recovery flashed on your device. Once TWRP is installed, you can root your device and also flashed various custom ROMs. So, without much wasting time let’s start the procedure to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi5 Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- The following guide is compatible only with Xiaomi Mi5 running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Perform backup of all your important data (Easy guide).
- Mi5 Bootloader should be unlocked. (Complete guide)
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Download TWRP custom recovery file (Download Link)
- USB Debugging mode should be enabled on your smartphone.
- The percentage of battery should be 70% or more.
Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Xiaomi Mi5 Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Step 1: Firstly download TWRP recovery file from above and rename it as “recovery,img”.
Step 2: Now you need to copy that renamed file into “C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Minimal ADB and Fastboot” folder.
Step 3: Turn off Xiaomi Mi5 and boot into Fastboot mode (press and hold Vol Down + Power button together), then connect with PC.
Step 4: Now go to Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder and launch command window (Hold the shift key and right click anywhere in the folder then tap on “Open command window here”).
Step 5: Now you need to enter the following commands one after another.
Fastboot devices – This will display the list of connected devices with PC
Fastboot flash recovery recovery .img – This will flash TWRP recovery on your Mi5
Fastboot reboot – This command will boot your device into normal mode.
That’s it! You have successfully flashed TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Mi 5 smartphone.